Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back in the saddle again

My Stumptown stuff is put away, my studio is sort of clean, so its back to drawing.  You probably thought I'd just lay about all day recovering from the convention, but you'd only be partially right. I did take the time to get caught up on LOST and I refused to get out of my pajamas all day, but I was drawing almost the entire time.

I started the pencils on a short (ish) story that I'll be using for a submission to DC as well as for an art show at the Sequential Art Gallery in November. The comic I'll be creating is based on my Jet Pack Jack illustration and will feature the same art style, here is a penciled panel of Jack's house:

Over the next few weeks I'll be working on a submission to Zuda comics.  Zuda is an imprint of DC Comics and is primarily a webcomic forum. Once a month 8 comics battle it out for popularity, the most popular comic gets a contract from DC and is syndicated through the website to produce one screen of comics a week! Not only is this steady work, it is also for DC and grants you gobs of exposure.  If you're interested in checking out Zuda, I would recommend the comic Bayou.

So, if I get past the editors at Zuda and am put into the monthly competition I'll be begging you and all of your friends and family for votes.

No comments: