Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Portfolio Piece #2, Reluctant Vegetarian



This is an old idea revisited. Originally I made an etching of the troll under the bridge giving up his carnivorous ways, but I never quite finished it because etching is a long and arduous way to make an image that I never really took to. I had a lot of fun working on this painting, even if I'm not quite happy with how the reflection turned out. I felt I was at risk of overdoing the blobs of color in the water, so I called it quits. I think I should have added some foreground rocks into the pool of water to break up the reflections, but working back into watercolor is risky business. Honestly, I think like the duck the most.

1 comment:

K L said...

That is fabulous! I rarely look at any image for more than 2 seconds but this had me for at least 6 or 7 giggling (literally) as I discovered all the bits and pieces in it.